Treatments such as traditional braces and Invisalign-like clear plastic aligners that fit over the teeth and move them to the desired position can enhance your facial structure and simplify oral hygiene.
Not every dentist is an orthodontist, but Glick Dental Associates has these services as well as bite guards and splints to treat your TMJ needs in our office.
This isn't your grandma's orthodontics. Today's orthodontic patient benefits from some wonderful advances in the art and science of straightening smiles. Special wire crafted of a hybrid metal called Thermally Activated Nickel-Titanium, which has memory and when warmed in the mouth tends to gradually and painlessly return to its original shape, means a far more comfortable experience and vastly reduced treatment times - often cases can be completed in less than 18 months.
Types of Orthodontic Treatments include:
- Conventional orthodontic treatment consisting of metal brackets and wires with multicolored or matching ligatures. Most of our patients under 18 choose this least expensive option.
- New ceramic brackets are crystal clear and along with clear ligatures and white wires virtually disappear in the mouth. This option adds a few hundred dollars to total treatment cost but many of our adult patients choose this option.
- Invisialign™ is the brand name of a series of retainer-like appliances that, when worn in a series, gradually move the teeth into a more desirable location. This option is limited to adults and relatively simple cases. While the appliance has the advantage of being invisible in the mouth it can cause some minor speech issues, takes somewhat longer to complete and costs a bit more than the other alternatives. Nonetheless, many of our patients have found this is the option that makes sense for them.
With all of the options, how do you pick the option that is right or you? Glick Dental Associates’ orthodontic and Invisalign services can help realign your smile by:
- Showing you before and after photos of actual patients who have had braces.
- Formulating the best orthodontic plan for you by reviewing your dental records and X-rays and creating a model, or impression, of your teeth.
- Developing a customized treatment follow-up plan, which may include a retainer.
- Arranging your follow-up oral hygiene and dentist visits to ensure your orthodontic treatments are a success.
- Orthodontic Dentistry for Solon, Beachwood, Shaker Heights and Other Cleveland, Ohio Locations
When Should My Kids Be Evaluated?
The American Dental Association recommends an orthodontic evaluation by age 7. Whether you’re a child or an adult, orthodontics can maximize the effectiveness of your teeth and create a balanced smile. Some orthodontic treatments take longer than others, and depend on factors such as age, oral health and your commitment to oral hygiene.
Call Glick Dental Associates at 440-349-1400 for a consultation today.